Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hey Guys, we are over here!! *wave*

So I was thinking last night - it was a slow night, so thinking must happen - anyway I digress (often).


All those high profile, super "A-list" barefoot and minimalist runners out there - you know the one's;  Books, coaching tours, blog-sites with millions of hits. How do you accidentally (on purpose) get their attention?  A few of us have been re-posted by these guys, so how did it happen? How do they find you?


I mean, we are the future of running.  Next year, everyone will be going around with chalk on their run's and climbing tree's (or in my case rocks).  Those movie stars you see?  Yeah, next year they will doing air-drums and scaring squirrels.  Everyone will be taking a camera on their run's and taking photo's of well pretty much anything.  At races, we won't see hoards of runners pushing and shoving; growling at everyone that passes.  Nope there will just happy, smiley, friendly runners cheering each other on.  We are the cool, fun, hip, trendy band that started the revolution!


Then I think Chris (UTR) mentioned that they probably search for their names in blog tags and click on anything relevant to them.  So I am going to try an experiment.  Let's try it shall we?


So everyone, shout really loud.  On the count of 1,2,3.
1...2....3!!
"WE'RE SUPER COOL PEOPLE WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT NUMBERS.  WE LIKE TO BLOG ABOUT RUNNING WITH A SMILE AND HAVING FUN.  COME HANG AROUND WITH US FOR A WHILE!!  WE'LL BUY YOU THE FIRST BEER!"
Do you think that worked? ;) 


P.S We don't need to get Jason Robillard's attention, as usual he is ahead of the curve and super-cool already


P.P.S let me know if I missed any you can think of! 



2 comments:

  1. Now I just need to remember to change my camera BATTERY so I can actually take a picture of my chalk . . . one of the perks of running the challenge is not saying its over until I finish it. And I think its a great plan. The all caps certainly got their attention : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep forgetting the chalk!!And speaking of elitists,how do I get my name on the list of the memebersRun :)) Collective?
    Just email Ken Bob. He is very nice!! He answered my email on fb! Just email all of the rest on fb!! Worth a try!!

    ReplyDelete